1. The 1964 Civil Rights Act made it illegal to discriminate on the grounds of...
- background or class
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. ... City banned 'men only' facilities such as bars, but there was still discrimination everywhere else.
- New York
3. The Education Amendment Act of ... outlawed sex discrimination in education so that girls could follow exactly the same curriculum as boys.
4. What issue didn't the Equal Pay Act address?
- Discrimination against women seeking jobs in the first place.
- Requiring employers to pay women the same as men for the same job.
5. In which year did the Supreme Court rule that the US Constitution gave men and women equal rights?