1. The Education Amendment Act of ... outlawed sex discrimination in education so that girls could follow exactly the same curriculum as boys.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. ... City banned 'men only' facilities such as bars, but there was still discrimination everywhere else.
- New York
3. The contraceptive pill let women plan their pregnancies, but only some states allowed it and usually only for married women. True or False?
4. What issue didn't the Equal Pay Act address?
- Discrimination against women seeking jobs in the first place.
- Requiring employers to pay women the same as men for the same job.
5. What was the problem with the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
- The Equal Opportunities Commission didn't take female discrimination seriously, so the Act wasn't fully enforced.
- The Supreme Court didn't take the issue of female discrimination seriously, so the Act wasn't fully enforced.
- Phyllis Schlafly actively opposed the women's movement and was active in politics so managed to prevent the Act from being fully enforced.