1. What issue didn't the Equal Pay Act address?
- Discrimination against women seeking jobs in the first place.
- Requiring employers to pay women the same as men for the same job.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. In which year did the Supreme Court rule that the US Constitution gave men and women equal rights?
3. What was the problem with the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
- The Equal Opportunities Commission didn't take female discrimination seriously, so the Act wasn't fully enforced.
- The Supreme Court didn't take the issue of female discrimination seriously, so the Act wasn't fully enforced.
- Phyllis Schlafly actively opposed the women's movement and was active in politics so managed to prevent the Act from being fully enforced.
4. In which year was the Equal Pay Act passed through Congress?
5. The 1964 Civil Rights Act made it illegal to discriminate on the grounds of...
- background or class