1. ... City banned 'men only' facilities such as bars, but there was still discrimination everywhere else.
- New York
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. In which year was the Equal Pay Act passed through Congress?
3. What was the problem with the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
- Phyllis Schlafly actively opposed the women's movement and was active in politics so managed to prevent the Act from being fully enforced.
- The Equal Opportunities Commission didn't take female discrimination seriously, so the Act wasn't fully enforced.
- The Supreme Court didn't take the issue of female discrimination seriously, so the Act wasn't fully enforced.
4. Which woman stood for President but only got 27 votes?
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- Betty Friedan
- Margaret Chase Smith
- Phyllis Schlafly
5. In which year did the Supreme Court rule that the US Constitution gave men and women equal rights?