1. What was the problem with the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
- Phyllis Schlafly actively opposed the women's movement and was active in politics so managed to prevent the Act from being fully enforced.
- The Equal Opportunities Commission didn't take female discrimination seriously, so the Act wasn't fully enforced.
- The Supreme Court didn't take the issue of female discrimination seriously, so the Act wasn't fully enforced.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. President ... removed the limit on women in the military, but they still couldn't go into battle.
3. ... City banned 'men only' facilities such as bars, but there was still discrimination everywhere else.
- New York
4. Which woman stood for President but only got 27 votes?
- Betty Friedan
- Phyllis Schlafly
- Margaret Chase Smith
- Eleanor Roosevelt
5. The contraceptive pill let women plan their pregnancies, but only some states allowed it and usually only for married women. True or False?