1. What was the problem with the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
- The Equal Opportunities Commission didn't take female discrimination seriously, so the Act wasn't fully enforced.
- The Supreme Court didn't take the issue of female discrimination seriously, so the Act wasn't fully enforced.
- Phyllis Schlafly actively opposed the women's movement and was active in politics so managed to prevent the Act from being fully enforced.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. The contraceptive pill let women plan their pregnancies, but only some states allowed it and usually only for married women. True or False?
3. ... City banned 'men only' facilities such as bars, but there was still discrimination everywhere else.
- New York
4. The 1964 Civil Rights Act made it illegal to discriminate on the grounds of...
- background or class
5. In which year did the Supreme Court rule that the US Constitution gave men and women equal rights?