1. The 1964 Civil Rights Act made it illegal to discriminate on the grounds of...
- background or class
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. The contraceptive pill let women plan their pregnancies, but only some states allowed it and usually only for married women. True or False?
3. What issue didn't the Equal Pay Act address?
- Discrimination against women seeking jobs in the first place.
- Requiring employers to pay women the same as men for the same job.
4. The Education Amendment Act of ... outlawed sex discrimination in education so that girls could follow exactly the same curriculum as boys.
5. In which year was the Equal Pay Act passed through Congress?