short name for the suffragists?
1 of 13
who led the suffragist movement?
2 of 13
methods of the suffragists?
- debates with MP's
- regular meetings
3 of 13
how did Faucett describe the movement?
like a glacier - slow but unstoppable
4 of 13
aim of the suffragist movement?
keep movement in the public eye
5 of 13
problems of the suffragists?
- lack of success
- womens suffrage keeps failing when discussed in parliment
- arguments could be ignored
6 of 13
strengths of the suffragists?
- massive working class support
- shows the rational nature of women
7 of 13
short name for the suffragettes is...?
8 of 13
when did direct action begin?
9 of 13
aim of the suffragette movement?
to keep the movement in the public eye
10 of 13
problems with the suffragette movement?
VIOLENT and so show that women don't deserve the vote
11 of 13
strengths of the suffragette movement
- attract massive media attention
- keep the issue of womens rights in the public eye
- shows passion
- had a large following
- 30000 copies of their womens rights newspaper were sold every week
12 of 13
who was the leader of the suffragette party?
13 of 13