- Economic boom was precarious - USA could call in loans at any time - cause ruin.
- Economic winners:
- Big businesses - (steel and chemical etc.)
- Big landowners in towns - value of land increased
- Big industries - Weimar government was sympathetic, improved pay and conditions
- Economic losers:
- Peasant farmers, sections of middle class - increased production in war time, but now peace brought overproduction - mortgages to pay, not enough demand for food
- Small shopkeepers felt threatened by large department stores (most owned…