- Created by: Christmas365
- Created on: 11-05-15 19:36
Variation, Reproduction and New Technology
- Organisms have similar characteristics to their parents.
- Genes are passed in sex cells from parents to offspring.
- Genes control the characteristics of your body.
- In most body cells, the chromosomes are in pairs.
6.2 Types of Reproduction
- In asexual reproduction there is no joining of gametes.
- Clones are produced by asexual reproduction.
- Clones are identical copies of one parent.
- Sexual reproduction involves two parents and leads to variety in the offspring.
6.3 Genetic and environmental differences
- Differences in individuals of the same kind can be due to their genes, the environment or both.
- Plants may be affected by the lack of light, nutrients or space to grow.
- Human development may be affected during pregnancy. If the mother smokes or drinks a lot of alcohol , the baby may have a small…