- Created by: Grace Moorhouse
- Created on: 28-05-15 20:36
- gradually developed into a legislative body.
- senate committee prepared material to present to the whole senate.
- augustus was influencial.
- AD13- committee included members who were not senators- able to pass resolutions which became law.
- could use his tribunician power to legislate and propose measures etc.
- however he normally did this in other ways- e.g. through edicts, judicial decisions, replies to petitions and instructions to officials.
- senate controlled the peaceful provinces- augustus was able to interfere due to his proconsulare imperium maius- he also reallocated provinces to the senate as things changed.
- the senate and annual magistrates were in charge of many public services- candidates which augustus personally recommended were often elected- these prefects in charge of most departments.
- senate in charge of state treasury- had right to mint copper and bronze…