· The Labour Party during the Thatcher Years.
· Thatcher reshaped Britain, that is undeniable, but she was also responsible for reshaping the Labour Party. The 1980s were a disaster for Labour;
- Between 1979 and 1992 they lost 4 elections in a row.
- It took ages for them to recover from being the party that had overseen the ‘winter of discontent’.
- They were perceived as being controlled by the unions and responsible for the industrial problems of the late 1970s.
- It was internally divided between the traditional left wing, and the modernisers, often causing harsh recriminations and infighting.