- Created by: fyfejacob
- Created on: 04-03-20 16:35
Brigham Young was successfully leading Utah but it was not yet a state. The mormons were prospering but there were many non mormons (gentiles) who were unhappy with the Mormon beliefs and actions.
- Travellers on Oregon trails claimed the Mormons charged too high prices for supplies.
- The Mormons were rumoured to have been allying with the plains Indians and even converting some to their cause.
- There were whisperings of a plot to kill many gentiles in an attack by the Mormons and Indians.
- The Mormons were praticing Polygamy which was illegal and clashed with conventional christian beliefs.
- Some thought the state was a theocracy (A state ruled…