- Created by: Rosey Kaur Virdi
- Created on: 30-04-12 10:02
Populations and Samples:
- if a sample is truly representative it can be used as a basis for generalising results and forming conclusions.
- sampling errors result in a sample differing in some way from the target population, these can be minimised by choosing sampling tech carefully so generalisations can be made.
Random Sampling: -
- everyone has equal chance of being selected
- unbiased rsh - random number tables/random number generators
- random samples don't guarantee a sample being totally representative of the pop concerned or it will share identical characteristics if two random samples are drawn.
- can only…