- Jusaism and Christianity
- An idea that a living being comes back to life after death in a re-created, perfect, human body.
- The human body is not discarded, no disembodied soul.
- An eschatological belief - concerned with the end of times.
- It is hoped that the dead will rise on the last day for final judgement in God's kingdom.
- Evidence for resurrection?
- Ezekiel 37: The Valley of Dry Bones. God shows Ezekiel a valley of dry bones and states that he is able to "make these live again". This shows the creative power of God.
- Resurrection beliefs assume that God has the ability to re-make bodies of the dead.
- Gospels: The ressurrectin of Jesus is a teaching of all four gospels.Jesus is held to have risen from the dead in his body. This gives Christians their hope for post-death experience.
- St Paul: In 1 Corinthians 15 St Paul argues in favour of the resurrection of the dead, by which he means the…