Problem of Evil Stated
Types of Evil
- Moral evil - murder, **** etc.
- Natural evil - earthquakes, tsunamis etc.
- Spiritual evil - dark night of the soul, crying to God with no answer etc.
- Animal evil - cats torturing their prey before killing it.
Epicurean Problem of Evil
Epicurus presents us with four possiblities of God's existence, analysing them in turn. God is:
- Willing to remove evil yet unable - God is therefore feeble.
- Unwilling yet able - God is therefore jealous.
- Unwilling and unable - God ceases to be a God anymore.
- Willing and able - then what are the origins of evil and why doesn't God prevent them?
Logical Problem of Evil
The logical problem of evil looks at two specific propositions with a third…