6) Protecting individuals from abuse
Abuse is defined as deliberate and intended to harm another person or a way of treating them which may cause them harm.
Abuse can be:
- Physical: punching, kicking, slapping or restraining people. It could also include handling people roughly when helping with bathing, moving individuals or toileting.
- Sexual: this could include touching or toher acts against the person without consent
- Psychological: humiliating or harassing an individual, bullying or shouting at someone
- Financial: theft of moeny or possessions, or fraud. Keeping control…