- English society had the high culture of the Regency Period fashion, as well as the low culture and brutality of blood sports and bare fist fighting.
- Public school was a time of " boy culture". Cofrontational behaviour of the French and American revolutions was copied by public schoolboys if things didnt go their way.
- Any unrest was controlled by the army, as the police force didn't exist yet.
- All recreational activities were organised by the boys, as a way to relieve themselves from the boredom of academic work.
- Masters ruled with the "rod" in lessons but had…
Similar Physical Education resources: