sentences and paragraphs:
- short sentences can be used to suggest speed or excitement. If there are a lot of short sentences together, it can be called fractured syntax.
- long sentences can indicate calm or build tention.
- A very short paragraph attracts tention and emphises the information where as a long paragraph is more likly to be in a broad sheet news paper and contain a more detailed analysis
- imperative verbs such as 'follow' and 'begin' suggest instructional writing
- connectives like 'since' and 'because' may indicate explanitary writing
- in persuasive or argumentative writing words like 'however', 'nevertheless' and…