- Created by: rossbrooks123
- Created on: 15-05-16 15:17
Stressmann and recovory
Stressemann was the elected chancellor of Germany in 1923. He led Germany back to recovery.
Stressemann wanted international cooperation:
- Stressemann started off as the Chancellor for a few months but soon became the Foreign minister.
- Stressemann beleived that Germnay's best chance of recovory was to work with other countries.
- September 1923 saw the Ruhr workers return to duty.
- After the hyperinflation he accepted the Dawes plan (1924) and introduced the new German mark. The new mark was called the Rentenmark, it was introduced to help stabalise the currency.
- 1925 saw the Belgian and French troops withdraw from the Ruhr.
- October 1925 Stresseman agreed the Locarno treaty. This treaty agreed the westearn borders of Germany but not the Eastearn borders.
- He won the noble piece prize for his efforts and work.
- Germany joined the…