- Created by: rossbrooks123
- Created on: 18-05-16 17:10
The rise of the Nazis
When the depression hit Germany, it had serious consequences. However the Nazi party thrived in popularity from the depression as many people were in doubt as to whether the Weimar government would be able to sort out Germany's problems.
The great depression caused poverty and suffering:
- As a result of the depression, unemployment rates increased significantly. Over 6 million people were unemployed by1933.
- 1931 saw Germany's biggest bank collapse. This increased the difficulties for the German government to pay the reparations.
- The economic problems in Germany were servere, the Weimar government changed frequently during this period however none could solve Germanys problems.
- The Weimar Republic eventually collapsed with the depression playing a significant part in this. People thought that a new government would help solve…