- He was born in 1685, in Germany.
- He lived in italy for some time but spent most of his time in the UK, in London.
- He was born in the same year as J.S. Bach.
- He wrote a lot of operas- Italy is famous for its operas.
- He also wrote the 'Water Music' for King George I of England in 1730s.
- His operas became less popular when he turned to oratorios.
- He died in 1759, about 250 years ago, in London.
- He was buried in Westminister Abbey.
- Often in Italian.
- Uses scenery and costumes.
- Handel wrote 41 of these.
- Usually performed in theatres.