Rubbish at Adultery
What does the poem suggest? Present?
- Being unfaithful to one's marriage partner
- From a woman's perspective -reverses the roles of traditional views
- "I give up another night" - She's selfish - just wants a fun time
- "you whinge and whine." - She's unhappy as he "whinges"
- "Fine;" - Shows her frustration
- "When have I ever asked you to?" - Exasperated
- "Couldn't you, for an hour or so, just leave them out of this?" - She's impatient
- "guilty" - The man is feeling guilt
- "I'm aware you're sensitive; A tortured, wounded soul…
Similar English Literature resources: