- Created by: KimNoel
- Created on: 29-01-19 13:23
- Never intended that the peasantry would become a new class of landownwers.
- Mao hoped for a measured approach - this meant that it would avoid a repeat of Stalins attempt in Russia.
- !5 year plan was going to be used in stages however the party improvised as they went along with this.
- 1950 - Land reform, meant to be temporary
- 1951 - groups of 10 famillies encouraged to form MAC - they stilled owned some private land.
- These were managed by peasant associations.
- The membership was voluntary - but people who didn't join…