1. What are the standards of living and development in Uganda?
- one of the poorest nations in the world
- 38% of population lives on $1.25 a day
- only 60% have access to water
- life expecancy is 49.7yrs old
- most of the poerty lies in rural areas- 84% of the poulation
- gender inequality- especially in rural areas; 17% of girls attend school. women are responsible for domestic work and childcare.
2. Why does Uganda have a big debt burden?
In 1970s opec quadrupled oil prices .
Similar Geography resources: