Positives for the Liberals
- Had managed to change the most entrenched institution in Britain and forced it to agree with their agenda.
- By removing the Lord's power of veto they could now move on with their legislative programme.
1 of 2
Negatives for the Liberals
- They reacted to developments rather than anticipating them.
- Cabinet was divided over how the Lords should be reformed.
- They were thrown by the death of the King.
- They wanted more radical reform in the future but never achieved this - lost the opportunity to do this - to change composition of the Lords so that they had more peers in that House- they did not make the most of the opportunity given to them.
2 of 2