What does PESSCL stand for, what does Sport England do and what is the Active Kids Program?
- PE and Sport School Club Links.
- School and clubs work together to increase the participation in sports.
- Start - increase participation in sport to increase the good health in the nation.
- Stay - use clubs, facilities, coaches + volunteers to keep people in sport.
- Suceed - acheive sporting sucess at every level.
Active Kids Program
- Various supermarkets give out vouchers
- Parents and the public collect them and donate them to schools
- School can buy sporting equipment with the vouchers.
What are the 5 factors that effect participation?
- People - family, peers and rolemodels.
- Image - fashion and media coverage
- Cultural - disability, age, race, gender
- Health and wellbeing - Ilness and healthproblems
- Socio-economics - cost, status.
What are the 5 reasons for taking part in sport?
- Co-operation - team work, working together and team games.
- Competition - mental challenge and adrenaline.
- Physical challenge - attempting something seemingly impossible.
- Aethetic appreciation - seeing the 'beauty' is sport.
- The development of friends and social mixing - involvement with other people.
What are the benefits of sports participation?
- To increase fitness - increase physical fitness and lose weight.
- The help the individual feel good - serotonin is released, helps people gain confidence and makes people feel better about their looks.
- To relieve stress and tension - distraction from daily stresses, allow aggression to be released through sport, will reduce muscle tension and help people sleep better.
- To increase self-esteem and confidence - sense of acheivment, acheiving something difficult, helps people believe in themselves.
- To improve health - helps people cope with illness better, keep organs in good condition and helps people be less prone to injury.
- For enjoyment - different people have different ways of enjoying physical activity, some like competition, some like meeting new people and some people like the adrenaline rush of risky activities.
- For a mental challenge - people gain satisfaction from sucess and is for people who really want to improve their sports.