Fairness and Justice- My Body
Can I Do What I Want With My Body?
- Have a tattoo or piercing.
- Have sex
- Believe what you want. - Wear a t-shirt with a slogan that proclaims your beliefs.
- Travel where you want.
- Read/write what you want.
- Drink alcohol
- Have a tattoo or piercing
- Have sex
Fairness and Justice- My Body 2
- Believe what you want.
Fairness and Justice- What Are Rights?
What is a....
This is something fundamental or necessary to human flourishing.
This is a right given by the law or rulers/governers of a society.
Fairness and Justice- Four Fundamental Human Right
Universal Declaration of Human Rights
European Convention On Human Rights
European Convention on Children's Rights
UK Human Rights Act
Human Rights- A List Of Rights
- The right to education
- The right to work
- The right to fair considtions at work
- The right to travel
- The right to food and clothes
- The right to healthcare
- The right to meet with friends
- The right to own property
- The right to follow your religion
- The right to marry and have children
- The rights of minorities to be treated the same as majority
- The right to life
- The right to freedom
- The right to privacy
- The right to a fair trial
- The right not to be tortured or punished cruelly
- The right to vote.
Fairness and Justice- UK LAW
There are 16 BASIC Human Rights in the Human Rights Act
- Article 2: Everyone has a right to life, and the right to have their life protected by the law.
- Article 3: No one shall be tortured or recieve inhuman or degrading treatment.
- Artical 4: No one shall be held in slavery or forced to work.
- Article 5: Everyone has the right to liberty and security.
- Article 6: Everyone who is charged with an offence is entitled to a fair trial, which should be in public unless this would not be in the interests of justice.
- Article 7: No one may be punished for something that was not a crime when it was committed.
- Article 8: Everyone has a right to have their family, private life and correspondence respected.
- Article 9: Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
- Article 10: Everyone has the right to freedom of expression.
Fairness and Justice- UK LAW 2
- Article 11: Everyone has the right to freedom of assembly and association.
- Article 12: Men and women of marriageable age have the right to marry and have a family.
- Protocol 1, Aritcle 1: Everyone has the right to peacefully enjoy their possessions.
- Protocol 1, article 2: Everyone has a right to education.
- Article 14: There rights should be available to all citizens, without discrimination.