- Children are biologically pre-programmed to form attachments in order to survive.
- Study of imprinting in animals - mainly developed Lorenz' study on birds.
- Believed that attachment behaviours are innate/adaptive.
- Maternal deprivation can lead to:
- reduced intelligence
- increased aggression
- affectionless psychopathy
1 of 3
- Social Learning Theory.
- Children are more likely to imitate the people they perceive as similar to them - Bobo doll experiment.
- Behaviour is picked up from other people in social settings.
- For example, a teen may pick up "slang" from their peers and the people they spend time with.
Further details on Albert Bandura's experiment in Social Learning Theory card set.
2 of 3
- Proposed that the process of classical conditioning (based on Pavlov) was able to explain all aspects fo human psychology.
- Denied completely the existence of the mind or consciousness.
- Believed that all individual differences in behaviour were due to different experiences of learning.
3 of 3
Similar Health & Social Care resources: