- Indian Classical Music
- Easy to recognise - Melismatic Vocals and use of Droning Notes
- Improvisation is common to Raga.
Map - The slow intro to Raga music.
Jer - The accompaniment instruments begin to play.
Gat - A period of extended improvisation in the piece.
- Raga uses note patterns called Rag's, which are created for individual themes, such as mourning.
- In Raga, the mood conveyed is much more important than the notes used
1 of 2
- A fusion of Classic/original Indian music with Pop/dance.
- Bhangra has a strong connection with the Punjabi region of India, where it originated. Bhangra lyrics often reflect the history of this region.
2 of 2
Similar Music resources: