Definition of health
A state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing.
The ability of your heart and lungs to keep your workingmuscles supplied with Oxygen
Benifits from excercise
Physical Benefits of Excercise
- Physical - e.g. tones muscles
- Mental - e.g. stress relief
- Social - teamwork, communication
- Improved body shape
- Increased muscle tone and posture
- Strengthens bones and muscles
- Reduces the chance of illness so increasing life expectancy
- Improves endurance flexiblity and overall fitness
In what situations should you be careful when starting to exercise?
Types of Physical activity and its benefits
- When you haven't exercised before
- When you haven't exercised for a while
- If you have been ill or injured
- If you are middle aged or older
F A T Doesn't Look Good
- Team games - teamwork and outwitting opponents in competitive situations.
- Survival and outdoor adventurous activities - Life saving skills and problem solving.
- Gymnastics - accurate replication of actions and sequences.
- Dance - explores and communicates ideas, concepts and emotion.
- Athletics - performing at the highest levels of speed, height, distance, strength or accuracy.
- Fitness and health - e.g. aerobics - exercising safely and effectively to improve health and well-being.
Player / performer
Leader / coach
Players or performers - train and practise their sport in order to perform to the best of their ability
Organizer - arranging a sporting event e.g. booking a venue, arranging equipment.
Leader or coach - a specialist in their chosen activity, an important influence on both individuals and teams when working towards set goals and on behaviour in sport. Responsible for preparing a performer in skill acquisition, appropriate technique and the correct physical and mental state.
Choreographer - Dance and gymnastic performances need to be choreographed to look aesthetically pleasing. They design, plan and organize the performers so they look their best.
Official - controls the activity, interprets the rules, laws or regulations of the game and checks the equipment such as a referee or umpire.