Effects of aggression
The EPPE Project:
- children who have been in daycare are more likely to exhibit high levels of aggression
The NICHD study:
- Found that children who were cared for outside the home are more likely to exhibit problem behaviour.
The Quebec report:
- In the post universal care period aggression among 2-4 year olds increased by 24%
Effects on peer relations
The EPPE project
By attending pre-school children were associated with greater? (4)
Clarke-Stewart et al found that?
Children in group based day care were actually more sociable and better at negotiating with peers than those cared for at home.
What was examined?
- The amount of time children spent in day care
- The quality of daycare they children received
What did she find?
- The more time children spent in daycare the more friends they had and the more extra curricular they engaged in.
- Children that experienced more quality day care were more physically affectionate