- Created by: hannah sheares
- Created on: 22-05-11 19:33
Christianity and Infertility
CATHOLICS AGAINST FERTILITY TREATMENTS
WHY ARE THEY AGAINST FERTILITY TREATMENTS?
- Life begins at conception. Therfore all embryos are lives. Creating many embryos for fertility treatments with the knowledge that the majority will not survive is no different from abortion
- Masturbation is a sin, and fertility treatments involve the man donating his sperm
- Fertilisation should only take place during sex, otherwise it is seen as "playing with God"
OTHER CHRISTIANS FOR FERTILILTY TREATMENTS
WHY ARE THEY FOR FERTILITY TREATMENTS?
- IVF and AIH are ok as the sperm and egg are from the husband and wife therefore the child is biologically theirs
- The discarded embryos are not foetuses and the intention is not to kill, but merely to create life
- Fertility treatments can bring joy to couples, having children is one of the main purposes of Christain marriage!
1 of 1