- Created by: Jenny Williams
- Created on: 26-09-08 16:13
- Anne Hathaway was the wife of William Shakespeare.
- When Shakespeare died he left the second best bed to his wife in his will.
1 of 5
- Lexicon (vocab) not obviously anachronistic
- Double meanings
- Iambic pentametre
2 of 5
- L3 - 'where he would dive for pearls'
- L7 - 'a verb dancing in the centre of a noun'
- L11-12 - 'our guests dozed on, dribbling their prose'
- L12 - 'My living laughing love'
3 of 5
Setting and themes
Setting - Bedroom - the second best bed.
Themes - Love, voice.
4 of 5
- Love - Havisham, Before you were mine, Mother, Homecoming, On my first Sonne, Sonnet 130, My last duchess.
- Voice - Havisham, Kid, My last duchess, The laboratory
5 of 5