- Based on a character called Miss Havisham in Charles Dickens' novel Great Expectations.
- She hates all men.
- She was jilted at the alter by her scheming fiance.
- She has remained in her wedding dress ever since.
1 of 5
- Creates a voice
- Use of colour
- Animal passion
2 of 5
- L1 - 'Beloved sweetheart *******'
- L2 - 'wished him dead'
- L6 - 'cawing Nooooo'
- L8 - 'full-length, her, myself'
- L9 - 'puce curses'
- L12-13 - 'Love's / hate'
3 of 5
Setting and themes
Setting - Wedding breakfast - bedroom.
Themes - Love, violence, voice, colour, monologue
4 of 5
- Love - Anne Hathaway, Before you were mine, Mother, Homecoming, On my first sonne, My last duchess, Sonnet 130.
- Violence - Education for leisure, Hitcher, My last duchess, The laboratory.
- Voice - Anne Hathaway, Kid, My last duchess, The laboratory.
- Colour - Homecoming, Sonnet 130, The laboratory.
- Monologue - Education for leisure, Kid, Hitcher, My last duchess, The laboratory.
5 of 5