- Created by: Hazel Leedham
- Created on: 01-04-11 10:51
'KIND OF BLUE'
1 of 6
- all blue requires 6 performers who use Jazz instruments:trumpet, alto sax, tenor sax, bass drumkit and the rythm section piano
- the trumpet somtimes uses a mute
- the frontline players have solos which include passages of virtuosic improv.
- the pianist has a short rythmic section.
2 of 6
3 of 6
- all blues is centred on G as a home note throughout, but the lack of conventional cadences and frequent use of the blue 7th note (F natural) makes the music sound modal (or blues based) rather thatn the toneal in Gmajor
4 of 6
KIND OF BLUE
5 of 6
- the peice is based on the chord pattern of 12 bar blues, often with altered chords or extra notes and frequent use of blue notes
- there is a lack of conventional cadences
6 of 6