Slides in this set
How it works?
Nuclear power stations work in
pretty much the same way as fossil
fuel-burning stations, except that a
"chain reaction" inside a nuclear
reactor makes the heat instead.
The reactor uses Uranium rods as
fuel, and the heat is generated by
nuclear fission.…read more
· Nuclear power costs about the same as
coal, so it's not expensive to make.
· Does not produce smoke or carbon
dioxide, so it does not contribute to the
· Produces huge amounts of energy from
small amounts of fuel.
· Produces small amounts of waste.
· Nuclear power is reliable.…read more
What is High Load Factor
· Nuclear Power Plants have very high
· Nuclear Power Plants have in excess
· They can generate power almost
· Only require shutdown for periodic