First 416 words of the document:
Human case study facts `test yourself'
China (MIC) growth of the secondary sector
1. What percentage of China's responsibilities is on clothes? How many on shoes?
2. What percentage of China's responsibilities is on microwave ovens?
3. What percentage of China's responsibilities is on mobile phones?
4. What percentage of China's responsibilities is on photocopiers?
5. What is widely available for manufacturing?
6. What is China close to which is handy for trade?
7. How much do the workforce earn per hour?
8. What has increased, allowing China to manufacture more?
9. What was the literacy rate in China in 2011? Has it increased or decreased?
10. How many privately owned companies were there in 1979? How many were there in
11. By how much percent has China's GDP increased?
12. What is very little money spent on?
13. What is there few of to protect workers?
14. What types of pollution is there an increase of?
15. What type of resources is there pressure on? Percentage?
16. Is spending on health lower or higher than it was in the 80s?
17. How many cities in China are under the most polluted list?
18. How many deaths per year from air and water pollution?
19. How much percent of rivers are unavailable for fishing?
20. How much of underground water (percentage) is polluted in urban areas?
Costs and benefits of rural deindustrialisation Aberfan & Reading
1. What year did the Aberfan disaster occur?
2. How many people did it kill? How old, approximately, were they?
3. What has been extracted around Reading leaving pits?
4. How many acres are the lakes that have been redeveloped from the old pits?
5. What famous stadium in Reading was built on a waste tip?
6. What is an old gravel quarry in Reading now used for?
7. What type of pit was the Eden Project built by/on?
8. How much has it contributed to the Cornish economy?
Oxfordshire Greenfield and Brownfield sites
1. Name one Greenfield site that has a residential function in Oxfordshire.
2. Name one Greenfield site that has an entertainment function in Oxfordshire.
3. Name one Greenfield site that has a leisure function in Oxfordshire.
4. Name one Greenfield site that has an industrial function in Oxfordshire.
5. Name one Brownfield site that has an industrial function in Oxfordshire. What
happened to form this place? Deindustrialisation or depopulation?
Other pages in this set
Here's a taster:
Name one Brownfield site that has a retail function in Oxfordshire.
Impacts of deindustrialisation Teesside, NE England
1. What happened in the 1980s due to the price of oil?
2. What factors reduced the workforce? A fall in what and improvements in what?
3. What was the workforce number in 1970s? What was it in the 1990s?
4. What declined due to foreign competition?
5. What declined due to road transport?
Here's a taster:
What percentage of households illegally `tap' into the electrical supply?
Distribution and density of population UK as a whole
1. What compass direction of the UK is densely populated?
2. What kind of weather does it have which influences this?
3. What sea oil is piped at Aberdeen making it densely populated?
4. What natural resources does S. Wales have making it densely populated?
5. What physical feature does Central Wales have making it sparsely populated?
Here's a taster:
What is the best adjective to describe the natural scenery of Nepal currently?
2. What kind of activity is highly popular in Nepal?
3. Is tourism the biggest cash earning industry in Nepal?
4. Do locals get wealthier or poorer with tourism occurring?
5. What happens to the country? (CLUE: More developed or less?)
6. How many trekkers, on average, are there?
7. Over what time period has this doubled?
8. How many times as much wood does the average trekker use?