- Why does there need to be a link between law and justice?
- St Thomas Aquinas said an unjust law is not proper law because:
- If a law is unjust people will feel it is okay to break the law. This may lead to the disintegration of society
- If some laws are unjust people may think all laws are unjust. This means laws are not fulfilling their purpose
- If laws are unjust people will not obey them and campaign about them causing trouble for society
- If laws do not create a just society people will think the legal system is not working and start a civil war
- Unjust laws will disrupt society not unite society
Similar Religious Studies resources: