- Created by: MiaC
- Created on: 26-05-15 14:23
- What are the limitations of solely using coach observations whilst analysing sport performance?
- It is difficult, if not impossible for coaches to observe and recall all the key events in a training session or match using just their powers of observation. This is why using performance analysis as a discipline within sport is developing.
- Retaining and recalling information becomes an issue. Statistics suggest that coaches can only recall 30-50% of key performance factors.
- Coaches may form biased views of their athletes which may lead to incorrect guidance on how to improve their performance
- During the game the coach may only be able to view small sections due to their position being restricted not allowing them to see a full field of play. Video or notational analysis would be better.
- Subjectivity in a performance heightened situation may lead to the coach making wrong decisions.