- Punctuation is used to separate sentences and words and is used to make writing clear and easy to read.
- When you're checking your writing, read it through looking only at the punctuation.
- It's hard to check style, meaning, spelling and punctuation at the same time.
- A full stop shows that you have finished a sentence. Every sentence must end with a full stop, question or exclamation mark.
- A question mark is used to show when someone has asked a question.
- An exclamation mark is used to show when something is surprising or forceful