- Describe the ICT services that could be provided externally and the problems with them.
- External ICT providers could include: Outsourcing (1) where all or parts of an ICT service become the responsibility of a third party. (1)
- This could be an offshore operation of computer services, (1) or personalised bulk printingcarried out off-site, (1) say for payroll or customer billing (1)
- the company could lose some control of the business (1), as external ICT providers may not give the work the required priority or care (1).
- costs may also be higher compared to using in-house provision (1)
Similar ICT resources: