- Defibrillation- restores a regular heart rhythm by giving someone an electric shock through the chest to the heart.
- 1. Two paddles charged from high-voltage supply.
- 2. Placed firmly on patient's chest to ensure good electrical contact.
- 3. Electric charge passed through the patient to make their heart contract.
- 4. Great care taken to ensure that the operator doesn't receive an electric shock.
- If switched on for 5 ms (0.005s), power can be calculated from: Power = energy/time = 400/0.005 = 80,000W.