- At the start of the 20th century, Rural Peasants lost...
- Peasants lost acceptance of their traditional activities due to the requirements of respectable middle class (moral behaviour/ ettiquette
- Was reduced as poverty and low wages resulted in no money to pay for sport
- Due to the 72 hour working week from dawn until dusk meant that there was little free time to play sport.
- The RSPCA and the new police system banned mass gatherings e.g. mob football and cruel bloodsports
- Due to the migration from rural to urban areas, meant that peasants lived in overcrowded, back to back housing. This meant that there was no space for sport e.g. fields
- Due to poor working conditions and increased pollution, meant that health of peasants decreased.
Similar Physical Education resources: