1. What do Beckett and Taylor 2010 discuss can hold people with disabilities back?
- Being treated as if they were infants
- Discrimination and marginalisation
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The following quote from Clements and Spinks (2009:121) ‘we would go as far as to say it is the way that the able bodied majority arranges the built environment which disables people’ refers to what?
- The disabling environment
3. Which model of disability proposes that disability is something to be avoided at all costs?
- Individual model
- Social model
- Psychological model
- Disability model
4. In 2012 who was initially refused to board a public train on the Isle of Wight due to his metal wheelchair?
- Geoff Holt
- Jeremy Grady
- Benjamin Braxton
- Bill Arthurs
5. Who is Susan Archibald?
- Disability advocate
- A psychologist who has investigated the impact of disability on psychiatry in several high profile studies in the 1990s
- A disability rights campaigner who lost her leg and sub sequentially her job taking her employer to court
- A disability rights campaigner with a genetic disability