1. The perspective that disability is not just a medical issue but a political issue and human rights issue, and that the issue is disabling barriers is argued by which movement?
- The Disability Movement
- The people with impairment movement
- The Human rights movement
- The Union of Physically impaired movement
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In which year introduced the NHS?
3. In 2012 who was initially refused to board a public train on the Isle of Wight due to his metal wheelchair?
- Geoff Holt
- Jeremy Grady
- Benjamin Braxton
- Bill Arthurs
4. In what year did the Labour government create the welfare state?
5. The social model proposes that?
- Due to the way people with impairments are viewed many allowances are made to benefit them in comparison to the average person
- Disability is an individual issue which society shouldn’t have to deal with
- Due to the way people with impairments are viewed people with disabilities are often frequently discriminated against
- Disability has little to do with the social environment