1. The perspective that disability is not just a medical issue but a political issue and human rights issue, and that the issue is disabling barriers is argued by which movement?
- The Union of Physically impaired movement
- The people with impairment movement
- The Disability Movement
- The Human rights movement
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which model of disability proposes that disability is something to be avoided at all costs?
- Individual model
- Disability model
- Social model
- Psychological model
3. In what year did Kathrine Switzer run the Boston Marathon supported by her coach Arnie Briggs?
4. Who cited the following quote ‘it is the white, heterosexual, male majority with access to forms of power (particularly political power) in our community who have established and who continue to define what is considered culturally typical or norm
- Clements and Spinks
5. The social model proposes that?
- Due to the way people with impairments are viewed many allowances are made to benefit them in comparison to the average person
- Due to the way people with impairments are viewed people with disabilities are often frequently discriminated against
- Disability has little to do with the social environment
- Disability is an individual issue which society shouldn’t have to deal with