1. Why was Rosa Parks arrested?
- For hitting a white man on a bus.
- For refusing to give up her seat on a bus for a white man.
- For refusing to pay her bus fair.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. On which date did the Supreme Court rule segregation on buses as unconstitutional?
- 16th June 1956
- 14th May 1957
- 19th December 1956
- 18th November 1955
3. How did the MIA make the Montgomery Bus Boycott manageable for people?
- They liaised with employers to allow black people to be slightly late because they now had to walk.
- They increased the number of taxis in Montgomery.
- They organised lifts and asked black taxi firms to charge less during the boycott.
- They formed walking buses for protection.
4. What were the consequences for the Montgomery bus company?
- They lost lots of money and got bad publicity.
- Their service was terminated due to bankruptcy.
- The bus drivers were all sent to prison.
5. How long did the boycott last?
- 381 days
- 200 days
- 365 days
- 50 days