1. 3. The Rosenbergs were executed for espionage in 1951 (passing nuclear secrets to the USSR). Which other person was convicted of espionage and what were they responsible for doing?
- Walter Ford- selling American nuclear designs to the Soviets
- Klaus Fuchs- selling American nuclear designs to the Soviets.
- Santa Claus- Not bringing American children Christmas presents
- Nicholas Fuchs- passing nuclear secrets to the Soviets.
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. 5. A different superpower followed by unsuccessfully launching a space satellite. Which superpower was this and what did the media call the satellite?
- France- NASA
- Soviets- "Disasternik"
- America- "Flopnik"
- Britain- "Spotnik"
3. 2. The development of which bomb came first, the hydrogen bomb or the atomic bomb?
- Neither existed.
- Hydrogen bomb
- Atomic bomb
- Both developed at the same time.
4. 1. What event angered the Soviets and increased tensions between the US and USSR?
- American U2 spy plane entered Soviet air space. It was shot down.
- A Soviet spy plane was found to be taking photographs of the American bomber fleet.
- Khrushchev visited the US, being the first Russian leader to visit America.
- America said they would support Malenkov instead of Khrushchev.
5. 4. Which superpower launched the first space satellite and what was it named?
- France- "Sputnik"
- Soviets- "Sputnik"
- Britain- "Botnik"
- Americans- "Spotnik"