1. 5. A different superpower followed by unsuccessfully launching a space satellite. Which superpower was this and what did the media call the satellite?
- America- "Flopnik"
- France- NASA
- Soviets- "Disasternik"
- Britain- "Spotnik"
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. 4. Which superpower launched the first space satellite and what was it named?
- France- "Sputnik"
- Americans- "Spotnik"
- Soviets- "Sputnik"
- Britain- "Botnik"
3. 1. What event angered the Soviets and increased tensions between the US and USSR?
- Khrushchev visited the US, being the first Russian leader to visit America.
- American U2 spy plane entered Soviet air space. It was shot down.
- A Soviet spy plane was found to be taking photographs of the American bomber fleet.
- America said they would support Malenkov instead of Khrushchev.
4. 3. The Rosenbergs were executed for espionage in 1951 (passing nuclear secrets to the USSR). Which other person was convicted of espionage and what were they responsible for doing?
- Walter Ford- selling American nuclear designs to the Soviets
- Nicholas Fuchs- passing nuclear secrets to the Soviets.
- Klaus Fuchs- selling American nuclear designs to the Soviets.
- Santa Claus- Not bringing American children Christmas presents
5. 2. The development of which bomb came first, the hydrogen bomb or the atomic bomb?
- Neither existed.
- Atomic bomb
- Both developed at the same time.
- Hydrogen bomb