- Geopolitical, ideological and economic struggle after WW2, between the US and USSR and their allies.
- Lasted from 1945-1991.
- Known as the Cold War as sides never directly clashed - took form as an arms race, economic warfare, propaganda, espionage and the space race.
- There were some hot points, e.g. the Berlin Blockade, the Korean War and the Vietnam War.
- An uneasy alliance between US and USSR during WW2 led to ideological clashes between Soviet expansionism and capatalist expansion, and also nuclear capapbility.
- WW2 ended 8th May 1945, and Germany was occupied by US, British, French and Soviet troops.
- Europe became split in two - divide was called Iron…