1. What is an issue with family risk studies?
- There may be a confounding effect of environmental factors; shared in the family
- There may be a confounding effect of biological factors; shared in the family
- They arent consistent with the action of multiple genes acting through environments to produce quantitative variations in reading skill
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which do individuals with dyslexia show problems in?
- Accuracy AND fluency
3. In German, what is dyslexia a manifestation of?
- Fluency rather than accuracy
- Both accuracy and fluency
- Accuracy rather than fluency
4. In a study by White et al (2006), what accounted for some of the reading difficulty independent from the phonological deficit?
- Lexico-semantic deficits
- Visual deficits
- Semantic deficits
- A linguistic (phonological) deficit
5. How do dyslexic children differ from typical children in mappings of phonological representations?
- Dyslexic children have 'fuzzy' maps between spellings and sound
- Typical children have 'fuzzy' maps between spellings and sound