1. What is an issue with family risk studies?
- They arent consistent with the action of multiple genes acting through environments to produce quantitative variations in reading skill
- There may be a confounding effect of environmental factors; shared in the family
- There may be a confounding effect of biological factors; shared in the family
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In a study by White et al (2006), was there a significant relationship between visual measures and reading ability?
3. How do dyslexic children differ from typical children in mappings of phonological representations?
- Dyslexic children have 'fuzzy' maps between spellings and sound
- Typical children have 'fuzzy' maps between spellings and sound
4. Which tasks do dyslexic adults find most difficult?
- Phonological awareness tasks (e.g spoonerisms), Rapid Automatised Naming, Spelling
- Rapid Automatised naming tasks and comprehension
- Semantic awareness tasks (e.g spoonerisms), Rapid Automatised Naming, Spelling
- Rapid Automatised Naming tasks and spelling
5. Which do individuals with dyslexia show problems in?
- Accuracy AND fluency