1. Which of these is NOT an alternative theory of dyslexia?
- Semantic perceptual deficit theories
- Multiple deficit theories
- Auditory perceptual deficit theories
- Cerebellar deficit theories
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT a key behavioural feature of developmental dyslexia?
- Difficulties in phonological processing related to both storage and retrieval
- Severe difficulties in learning to spell
- Impaired at reading words but not non-words
- Impaired at reading words and nonwords
- Early difficulties with learning relationships between letters and sounds
3. What is the most WIDELY supported theory of dyslexia at present?
- The cerebellar hypothesis
- The phonological deficit hypothesis
- The simple view of reading
- The phonological core variable deficit hypothesis
4. What is developmental dyslexia?
- A reading difficulty caused by an impoverished home environment and education
- A reading difficulty that is expected in relation to the individual’s intelligence and level of reading instruction
- A reading difficulty that is unexpected in relation to the individual’s intelligence and level of reading instruction
- A reading difficulty caused by structural abnormalities
5. Where are difficulties found in reading in phonological dyslexia?
- Difficulty reading via grapheme-phoneme conversion
- Difficulty reading via sight-word route