1. What is the core concept behind the Auditory Perceptual deficit hypothesis?
- Dyslexia is caused by a deficit with rapid auditory temporal processing; however this finding has not been replicated and may be indicative of broader issues
- Motor control is associated with dyslexia causing problems with automatisation and so reading fluency (cerebellar functioning). However, most likely just due to comorbidity rather than an underlying cause
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the most WIDELY supported theory of dyslexia at present?
- The phonological deficit hypothesis
- The phonological core variable deficit hypothesis
- The simple view of reading
- The cerebellar hypothesis
3. In a study by White et al (2006), was there a significant relationship between visual measures and reading ability?
4. What was the main finding of a study which compared dyslexics, poor readers, reading age and control age pps in a picture naming task?
- Deficits were specific at the phoneme level
- Deficits were specific at the lexical level
- Deficits were specific at the morphological level
- Deficits were specific at the semantic level
5. What is an issue with family risk studies?
- There may be a confounding effect of environmental factors; shared in the family
- There may be a confounding effect of biological factors; shared in the family
- They arent consistent with the action of multiple genes acting through environments to produce quantitative variations in reading skill