- Created by: mint75
- Created on: 24-05-16 11:11
1. When does the OSN fire?
- When the olfactory epithelium detects molecules
- When about 8 of its binding sites are filled
- When it reaches threshold for molecules
- Only during its preferred cycle time
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the core concept of shape theory?
- Receptor specificity is based on molecular structure. Oderants must have the right shape to activate the receptor, there is a certain receptor for each molecule
- Molecules with the same IR vibrational spectrum should smell similar, same shape diff vibrations smell different. Bond energies determine activation level
- A two-stage theory. Molecules must be the right shape to bond to receptor sites but bond energies determine final activation level.
3. In Wedekind (1995)...?
- Females not on pill preferred males with similar HLAs. On the pill they also prefered those with similar
- Females not on pill preferred males with similar HLAs. On the pill they prefered those with different
- Females not on pill preferred males with different HLAs. On the pill they prefered those with similar
- Females not on pill preferred males with different HLAs. On the pill they also prefered those with different
4. Where do OSN axons project to?
- Glomeruli in the olfactory bulb
- Glomeruli in the olfactory epithelium
- Glomeruli in the olfactory cleft
- Glomeruli in the somatosensory cortex
5. Each OSN...?
- Are resistant to damage due to highly internalised structure
- Has broad non-specific connections
- Expresses just one type of receptor
- Receive input from glomeruli