1. Olfactory cilia...?
- Force air flow against epithelium
- Covered in mucus and is fragile
- Part of the olfactory sensory neuron, each OSN has a single type of odor receptor.
- Oderant molecules 'stick to' this when air comes into contact with it
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How long is the cycle time of the nose during which different nostrils have different smell rates and types?
- 24 hours
- 3 hours
- 4 hours
- 48 hours
3. What is a signal of distress found in tears?
4. What is seen as the most odorous molecule in the world?
- Butyl mercaptan
- Sodium chloride
5. How many distinct chemoreceptors are/basic tastes?
- 3 but they do not correspond to the basic tastes