1. Each glomerus receives input expressing...?
- 2+ chemoreceptor inputs
- The same surface receptor
- Surface receptors of a specific basic taste
- A range of surface receptors
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is blindsmell?
- Blind peoples perception of unconcious smell
- Unconciously detecting smells
- Blind peoples perception of concious smell
- Conciously detecting smells
3. Which of these is NOT a basic taste?
- Strong (mono-chemical tastes)
- Umami (amino acids, glutamate, aspartate etc)
- Bitter (poisonous, no single molecule!)
- Sweet (Glucose, fructose)
- Salt (Sodium ions)
- Sour (protons found in acids)
4. How many distinct chemoreceptors are/basic tastes?
- 3 but they do not correspond to the basic tastes
5. Olfactory cilia...?
- Covered in mucus and is fragile
- Part of the olfactory sensory neuron, each OSN has a single type of odor receptor.
- Force air flow against epithelium
- Oderant molecules 'stick to' this when air comes into contact with it