1. The olfactory cleft...?
- Part of the olfactory sensory neuron, each OSN has a single type of odor receptor.
- Covered in mucus and is fragile
- Oderant molecules 'stick to' this when air comes into contact with it
- Force air flow against epithelium
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the human leukocyte antigen (HLA) found in both mice and humans seem to affect?
- Mate choice
- Skin colour
- Reproductive success
3. What affects liking of chilli peppers?
- Social influences and affect
- Affect and upbringing
- Number of papillae and social influences
- Social influences and personality
4. Exposure to androstadienone (a metabolite of testosterone)...?
- Affected reproductive success
- Affected perceived attractiveness
- Affected speed dating ratings
- Affected mate choice
5. When does the OSN fire?
- Only during its preferred cycle time
- When it reaches threshold for molecules
- When about 8 of its binding sites are filled
- When the olfactory epithelium detects molecules