1. Is the McClintock effect well supported?
- No, original studies were barely significant and accounting for random sync removes effect. No support from large scale long term. Why?
- Yes, original studies are well replicated in both clinical and natural settings and it is widely accepted knowledge
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT a theory of smell?
- Vibration theory
- Swipecard theory
- Convergence theory
- Shape theory
3. Each OSN...?
- Expresses just one type of receptor
- Has broad non-specific connections
- Receive input from glomeruli
- Are resistant to damage due to highly internalised structure
4. Approximately how many OSN are there in your head?
- 500 thousand
- 5 million
- 10 million
- 750 thousand
5. The olfactory cleft...?
- Part of the olfactory sensory neuron, each OSN has a single type of odor receptor.
- Covered in mucus and is fragile
- Oderant molecules 'stick to' this when air comes into contact with it
- Force air flow against epithelium