- Created by: Alice Forward
- Created on: 06-12-11 19:43
1. What were the three main issues with surgery between 1845 and 1918?
- Infection, Interception and Inference
- Pain, Brain Damage and Heart Failure
- Disfigurement, Depression and Sneezing
- Pain, Infection and Bloodloss
- Bloodloss, Limb Loss and Hair Loss
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is arguably Joseph Lister's most important discovery/development?
- Carbolic Spray
- Chloride of Lime
- Nitrous Oxide
3. Why were some people opposed to Lister's breakthrough discovery?
- It smelt bad
- People liked infection!?!
- There was no proof that it was effective
- Doctors thought it was messy and hurt their hands
- The yellow colour was ugly
4. Who discovered Chloroform?
- Florence Nightingale
- William Morton
- Winston Churchill
- James Simpson
- Karl Lansteiner
5. What was the main issue with Chloroform?
- It caused cancer of the lungs
- It smelt terrible
- If the dosage was too high, hearts could stop beating
- It knocked people out for 3 days
- It did not do its job
Similar History resources: