- Created by: ShannonPB30
- Created on: 03-06-14 18:55
1. Which kind of people were commonly sold in the slave trade?
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the defintion of an overseer?
- a plantation supervisor who watched over and directed the work of others
- a man who watched over his master's children
- the master's wife who watched over the worker in the kitchen
- someone who was a slave
3. What purpose did the Underground Railroad serve?
- To help slaves escape and give them food and shelter.
- Fast and easy way to travel
- To let Harriet Tubman get a job
- Provide transportation from the north to the south
4. When did the slave trade end in Britain?
5. Why did the English pick Africans for slaves instead of Native Americans (Indians)?
- Indians could slip away easily
- For all these reasons
- Because Native Americans had friends from countries who could help them if they were captured.
- The Indians had far better knowledge of the fields and forests than the English did.