1. Where had the first slaves sold to English settlers been kidnapped?
- The Carribean
- They were already living in English colonies
- South America
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did the English pick Africans for slaves instead of Native Americans (Indians)?
- For all these reasons
- The Indians had far better knowledge of the fields and forests than the English did.
- Because Native Americans had friends from countries who could help them if they were captured.
- Indians could slip away easily
3. Where were slaves mainly taken to work?
- Ships and Boats
4. What is the defintion of an overseer?
- the master's wife who watched over the worker in the kitchen
- a plantation supervisor who watched over and directed the work of others
- a man who watched over his master's children
- someone who was a slave
5. Which kind of people were commonly sold in the slave trade?