1. What is the defintion of an overseer?
- someone who was a slave
- a plantation supervisor who watched over and directed the work of others
- the master's wife who watched over the worker in the kitchen
- a man who watched over his master's children
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What purpose did the Underground Railroad serve?
- Provide transportation from the north to the south
- To help slaves escape and give them food and shelter.
- To let Harriet Tubman get a job
- Fast and easy way to travel
3. Why did the English pick Africans for slaves instead of Native Americans (Indians)?
- Indians could slip away easily
- The Indians had far better knowledge of the fields and forests than the English did.
- For all these reasons
- Because Native Americans had friends from countries who could help them if they were captured.
4. Which kind of people were commonly sold in the slave trade?
5. Where had the first slaves sold to English settlers been kidnapped?
- The Carribean
- They were already living in English colonies
- South America