1. When did the slave trade end in Britain?
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where had the first slaves sold to English settlers been kidnapped?
- The Carribean
- They were already living in English colonies
- South America
3. Where were slaves mainly taken to work?
- Ships and Boats
4. Why did the English pick Africans for slaves instead of Native Americans (Indians)?
- The Indians had far better knowledge of the fields and forests than the English did.
- For all these reasons
- Indians could slip away easily
- Because Native Americans had friends from countries who could help them if they were captured.
5. What purpose did the Underground Railroad serve?
- Provide transportation from the north to the south
- Fast and easy way to travel
- To help slaves escape and give them food and shelter.
- To let Harriet Tubman get a job