1. When did the slave trade end in Britain?
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What purpose did the Underground Railroad serve?
- Fast and easy way to travel
- To help slaves escape and give them food and shelter.
- Provide transportation from the north to the south
- To let Harriet Tubman get a job
3. Why did the English pick Africans for slaves instead of Native Americans (Indians)?
- For all these reasons
- The Indians had far better knowledge of the fields and forests than the English did.
- Because Native Americans had friends from countries who could help them if they were captured.
- Indians could slip away easily
4. Which kind of people were commonly sold in the slave trade?
5. Where had the first slaves sold to English settlers been kidnapped?
- The Carribean
- They were already living in English colonies
- South America