1. Who was the first European to cross Equatorial Africa?
- John Cameron
- Dudley Cameron
- Verney Cameron
- Peter Cameron
- David Cameron
1 of 33
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which theory claimed an economic crisis in the capitalist system led to expansion?
- Cain & Hopkins
3. Robinson & Gallagher's theory was:
- Other European powers began colonizing to achieve the same power and status as Britain, so Britain had to in order to keep dominance.
- The British reluctantly colonized after they felt forced to protect their investments.
- Gentlemanly capitalists were investing in colonies, hoping to make more profit than they would investing in Britain.
- Old aristocrats were trying to gain power and glory to stay in the public eye.
- Technological advances allowed the British to colonize so they did.
4. When was Cape Town annexed to Britain?
5. How many Zulus did a few hundred Boers repel at the Battle of Blood River.