1. Who was the first European to cross Equatorial Africa?
- Dudley Cameron
- Peter Cameron
- Verney Cameron
- John Cameron
- David Cameron
1 of 33
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which theory claimed an economic crisis in the capitalist system led to expansion?
- Cain & Hopkins
3. Robinson & Gallagher's theory was:
- Technological advances allowed the British to colonize so they did.
- Gentlemanly capitalists were investing in colonies, hoping to make more profit than they would investing in Britain.
- The British reluctantly colonized after they felt forced to protect their investments.
- Old aristocrats were trying to gain power and glory to stay in the public eye.
- Other European powers began colonizing to achieve the same power and status as Britain, so Britain had to in order to keep dominance.
4. When was Cape Town annexed to Britain?
5. How many Zulus did a few hundred Boers repel at the Battle of Blood River.