1. Why were debating and discussion subjects banned?
- They encouraged free thinking and liberalism, which was unhealthy towards the Tsarist Government
- They offered no employment opportunities
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. Whose control did Alexander II move education from after 1866?
- from zemstva to the Ministry Of Interior
- From zemstva to the Church
- From the zemstva to Third section
3. Why were open trials such a failure?
- They allowed guilty suspects to be freed by biased juries - Vera Zasulich acquited even though she was guilty
- They took too long to conduct
- It captures too many innocent suspects
4. After the Vera Zasulich case what happened to political crime trials?
- They continued to be conducted openly
- 1878 - Political crimes were tried in secret
- They weren't conducted the suspect was presumed guilty and exiled
5. What were the limitations upon students with a modern education?
- They couldn't work within the Tsarist government
- They couldn't go to university only higher technical institutions
- They were banned from St Petersburg