1. On which date was the 1st big children's demonstration in Birmingham?
- 2nd May 1963
- 24th October 1963
- 8th June 1963
- 12th December 1963
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. On which date did the Governor of Alabama send in state troops to Birmingham, deliberately disrupting the agreement process?
- 11th May 1963
- 21st June 1963
- 19th December 1963
- 3rd November 1963
3. On which date was the march on Washington?
- 26th September 1963
- 28th August 1963
- 4th July 1963
- 31st October 1963
4. Why did JFK advise against the march through Washington?
- He feared the bad publicity the USA would get, if, like at Birmingham, the police responded violently.
- He didn't understand the purpose of the march
- He feared it wouldn't help the discussion of the Civil Rights Bill that he was trying to pass through Congress.
- He feared violence would break out between campaigners.
5. Who planned a march through Washington to put pressure on JFK?
- Alfred King
- Malcolm X
- Martin Luther King
- Stokely Carmichael