1. In Birmingham, by the end of the day of the 1st big children's demonstration, how many children were arrested?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. On which date did JFK send in federal troops to Birmingham to restore calm?
- 12th May 1963
- 22nd June 1963
- 20th December 1963
- 4th November 1963
3. Why did Birmingham close all public parks, buildings, playing fields and swimming pools in 1962?
- To avoid integrating them.
- To make a point about not being satisfied about misuse of such areas.
- Because of a lack of funds - not enough money to keep them open,
4. Why did JFK advise against the march through Washington?
- He didn't understand the purpose of the march
- He feared violence would break out between campaigners.
- He feared it wouldn't help the discussion of the Civil Rights Bill that he was trying to pass through Congress.
- He feared the bad publicity the USA would get, if, like at Birmingham, the police responded violently.
5. Who planned a march through Washington to put pressure on JFK?
- Martin Luther King
- Malcolm X
- Stokely Carmichael
- Alfred King