1. Which of these host factors does not affect tumour growth?
- Their diet
- Their circulating hormone levels
- The vascular supply to the tumour
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these terms describes an increase in the number of cells in a tissue?
3. Which of these is not a pathway of spread for metastases?
- Haematogenous (blood)
4. Which of these is the first step in proliferation of normal cells?
- Nuclear regulatory factors that initiate DNA transcription are activated
- A signal is transduced across the membrane
- The cell enters and progresses in the cell cycle
- The cell divides in a controlled way
- A growth factor binds to and activated a cell surface growth factor receptor
- A transduced signal is transmitted to the nucleus
5. What is a malignant neoplasm of striated muscle called?