1. Which of these does NOT form a genetic basis for carcinogenesis?
- A genetic defect in the genes which are responsible for DNA repair
- A genetic defect in the genes the regulate apoptosis (dominant or recessive)
- Enhances expression of dominant growth promoting genes (oncogenes)
- A genetic defect machinery which produces proteins in the cell
- Loss or inactivation of recessive, growth inhibiting genes (tumour suppressor genes)
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is the first step in proliferation of normal cells?
- The cell enters and progresses in the cell cycle
- A signal is transduced across the membrane
- A growth factor binds to and activated a cell surface growth factor receptor
- The cell divides in a controlled way
- Nuclear regulatory factors that initiate DNA transcription are activated
- A transduced signal is transmitted to the nucleus
3. Which of these host factors does not affect tumour growth?
- Their diet
- Their circulating hormone levels
- The vascular supply to the tumour
4. What is a malignant neoplasm of striated muscle called?
5. What is an adenoma?
- A benign neoplasm of cartilage
- A malignant neoplasm of cartilage
- A benign neoplasm of glandular epithelium
- A malignant neoplasm of glandular epithelium