1. Malignant neoplasms of epithelial cells are called _____?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is a factor in the growth of transformed, tumour cells?
- Increased cohesion and being anchorage dependent
- Loss of contact inhibition and colony formation
- Increased serum growth factor requirment
- Early maturation
3. Which of these is not a feature used to determine the grade of a tumour?
- Secretion of proteolytic enzymes
- Mitotic activity
- Nuclear size
- Degree of differentiation
4. Which of these is the first step in proliferation of normal cells?
- Nuclear regulatory factors that initiate DNA transcription are activated
- A growth factor binds to and activated a cell surface growth factor receptor
- The cell divides in a controlled way
- A signal is transduced across the membrane
- A transduced signal is transmitted to the nucleus
- The cell enters and progresses in the cell cycle
5. Which of these terms describes an increase in the number of cells in a tissue?