1. Which of these is not a pathway of spread for metastases?
- Haematogenous (blood)
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these terms describes an increase in the number of cells in a tissue?
3. Which of these is the first step in proliferation of normal cells?
- The cell enters and progresses in the cell cycle
- A growth factor binds to and activated a cell surface growth factor receptor
- A signal is transduced across the membrane
- The cell divides in a controlled way
- A transduced signal is transmitted to the nucleus
- Nuclear regulatory factors that initiate DNA transcription are activated
4. Which of these disorders of cell growth is always pathological?
5. Malignant neoplasms of epithelial cells are called _____?